Pediatric Respiratory Illness: Assessment and Management Pearls for All Practice Settings
Presented By: Dr. Sarah Brunelli Young, MD, FAAP, CHCO-COS, Assistant Professor, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Director of Student Rotations, Pediatric ICU
September 29th, 2021
12:00pm – 1:00pm MT
To Pre-register for the Course and Obtain CE Credit:
Day of Presentation Information:
THE ATTENDANCE CONFIRMATION WINDOW OPENS 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE LECTURE AND WILL REMAIN OPEN
FOR 7 DAYS. ATTENDANCE MUST BE CONFIRMED IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE EVALUATION AND CLAIM YOUR CE
Attendance Confirmation Phone Number (TEXT Message Only): 720.790.4423
Attendance Code: QOCTEQ
Attendance Confirmation Website: https://ce.childrenscolorado.org/code
- Increase knowledge and skill of key concepts of pediatric respiratory assessment applicable in all practice settings, beginning with the prehospital setting and continuing throughout all phases of care.
- Obtain knowledge and skill of key concepts of pediatric respiratory management applicable in all practice settings, beginning with the prehospital setting and continuing throughout all phases of care.
- Apply knowledge and skill of pediatric respiratory assessment and management to cases admitted to the Colorado Springs Pediatric ICU originating with our community partners and our hospital service lines.
Please Contact Mike Pirtle with Questions:
Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org OR call (719) 305-6100 option 4
For Continuing Education @ Children’s Hospital Colorado issues please contact Matt Stern at email@example.com or call (720) 777-1119
4090 Briargate Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
719-305-6100 option 4 | childrenscolorado.org
Overview, Target Audience and Learner Outcome:
The team caring for pediatric patients requires ongoing, focused training to successfully manage specialized and/or complex pediatric issues. This educational series will cover a variety of topics specific to the pediatric patient population. Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Nurses and Nursing Students, Respiratory Therapists, EMS Providers, Pediatricians, and other interested community pediatric healthcare providers will benefit from this education. After attending the educational event, the learner will report increased confidence and understanding of how to care for pediatric patients and increased knowledge of available resources to manage specialized and/or complex pediatric issues.
Faculty – No disclosures reported.
Planning Committee – No disclosures reported.
Continuing Education Credit:
Continuing Medical Education: Children’s Hospital Colorado is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Children’s Hospital Colorado designates this Live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Professional Development:
Children’s Hospital Colorado is approved as provider of nursing continuing professional development by Colorado Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This educational activity for 1.0 nursing contact hour is provided by Children’s Hospital Colorado. Registration, attendance and completion of the evaluation are required to obtain NCPD contact hours. EMS: Children’s Hospital Colorado is a Colorado State EMS Training Group: CO-049. Others: A general certificate of attendance will be provided to all other attendees.
Attendance Confirmation is Required
Dear COS Pediatric Grand Rounds Participants, attendance confirmation, evaluation, and credit for this activity is on-line. In order
to obtain educational credits, please do the following:
- Pre-register for the respective session on the CHCO Continuing Education portal. https://ce.childrenscolorado.org/rss-cospgr-
- Confirm attendance via SMS Process or website with provided code.
- If you don’t have a profile in Continuing Education @ Children’s Hospital Colorado, our new learning management system, you will be prompted to create one with your preferred email address to proceed. Please do not create multiple profiles.
- A confirmation e-mail with instructions to access the evaluation will be provided.
- After the activity, complete the activity evaluation to obtain CE Credits.
- Your transcript will be credited, and your personal educational file is accessible 24/7.
Pre-register for upcoming COS Pediatric Grand Rounds presentations by following this link:
To View Children’s Hospital Colorado’s other educational offerings: